For Injured Workers
Being injured at work can cause significant stress, pain and aggravation affecting your ability to effectively work and provide adequate income for your needs. Our number one priority is to ensure your pain is relieved fast and you can safely return to work as soon as possible. We emphasize the following when it comes to your recovery after a work-related injury:
- Relieve pain quickly
- Restore normal range of motion
- Restore strength, flexibility and stamina
- Ensure a complete recovery after an necessary surgical procedures
- Education on how to manage your injury and prevent future occurrences
Talk to your employer or case manager today to discover how we can help you recover quickly from your injury and get back to work safely!
For Case Managers and Employers
We offer a variety of comprehensive programs for injured workers to help them recover quickly and safely. Once a worker has been injured, it is our goal to restore him/her to optimal function for safe and efficient job performance in a timely manner. We provide effective case management, detailed and timely reports, and positive communication between health care providers, workers, and case managers for the worker’s compensation case.
We assess the worker’s current functional abilities and gather information regarding his/ her job requirements. Treatment is both evaluative and restorative. Therapy will utilize a combination of manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises, body mechanics training, modalities, and patient education/ home programming.
Preventative Care Benefits to Employers:
- Decreased turnover
- Increased worker productivity
- Safer work environment
- Reductions in lost time
- Diminished incidence of fraud and abuse
Work Hardening is a specialized program with a different focus from post-injury therapy. The focus is to get the worker in work shape to successfully return to their pre-injury job. The primary job functions are simulated in the clinic with indirect supervision from a therapist. This can be done in a group setting in which each patient is working on their job specific tasks required to get them back to work. Work Hardening is an ideal way to get a recovered patient back to work while minimizing the potential of re-injury.
This is similar to work hardening but usually comes before. Work Conditioning is performed within the course of post injury therapy and contains a certain work task being performed as a part of the routine therapy treatment. An example would be a carpenter who has a shoulder injury and spends 10 minutes of his therapy treatment hammering over his head.
Call us today to learn more about our work hardening and conditioning programs!
Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE’s)
This is a highly specialized service in which extensive physical and evaluative testing is done that will answer the following questions:
- Can this person return to work safely?
- How severe is the client’s pain?
- What type of job can a person physically handle?
- What are a candidate’s safe lifting tolerances?
- What work accommodations could be made to allow this person back to work?
- What is the next appropriate step in regards to rehabilitation?
- What are candidate’s cardiovascular and physical endurance limitations for working?
- What are positional tolerances for standing, sitting, walking?
Contact Us today at Sterling Heights, MI Center to learn how we can help your employees return to work quickly and safely!